Monday, February 24, 2014

When God Changes Your Heart, He Changes Your Life

I never really wanted kids. I never looked at babies and felt like my heart was melting and I really had no desire to be pregnant. I would avoid feeling pregnant women's bellies for a kick and would leave the room when discussions about delivery and all things infant-care began. But then God did something funny...

For sometime now, I have made my prayer not that I would get the desires of my heart, but that He would make me desire what would best bring glory to Him. Then it happened. One morning I woke up and told my husband I wanted a baby. Just like that. My heart suddenly shifted. I can't give you a reason because I don't know what the reason was, the desire wasn't there, and then it was. Andy had always wanted children, but told me if I didn't want them, he would be okay with just us.

After a couple of weeks of feeling this way and discussing our options for pursuing this new life, we started talking about our fears. I would assume most people contemplating this idea would have these worries. We talked about our worries that we wouldn't be ready, that we'd make mistakes that had been made in our pasts. Then, in a moment of clarity, I grabbed his hand and placed it on my belly. I started to pray, "Lord, give us a baby in YOUR time, not ours." I opened my eyes, looked at my husband, and said "now we know when we get pregnant that it was in God's hands, not ours."

Apparently, God's time was about 2 months after that prayer. On a Sunday afternoon, Andy looked at me and said, "Lindsey, you're pregnant." I didn't believe him, so to shut him up, I took a test, and then, another, and then about 5 more and they all confirmed that he was right.

Today, I am happy to report, that we are both ecstatic and cannot wait until October to meet our baby. This is my point, when I God changes your desires, He changes your life! Don't be afraid to hand your heart over to Him, because that fear could keep you from the greatest joys in life!

Watch Andy find out he's gonna be a dad in the video below!

http://youtu.be/dQAN3echD18



No comments:

Post a Comment